This month I am focusing on the new year and new you. Today I am sharing with you my New Year’s Resolutions. When December 31, 2015 comes, I want to accomplish something important. I want to make my stepping stones for my future this year.
- Learn How to Budget. Brad and I are wanting to save for a house (which isn’t cheap). In order to buy a house we are going to need to learn budget and save money. With buying a house comes major expenses: appliances, furniture (no one wants an empty house), decor, lawn care, etc.
- Have a Healthier Lifestyle. In high school, I was super athletic, thin, and weighed barely over 100 pounds. I don’t want to weigh that little, but I want to become more athletic. This past year I wanted to focus on working out, but this year I want to slowly incorporate a healthy lifestyle. What I have in mind is: substituting a salad vs something fatty, becoming less stress by unplugging from electronics for an hour a night (like turning off our cell phones after 8:00), walking more, drinking more water, etc.
- Become More Organized. There is no better feeling than being on the hunt for something but oh wait, you’re organized and know exactly where it is at. In order to help save money, I want to become more organized with groceries; start meal planning.
- Have More “Me” Time. The older I get, the more I realize how important it is for me to focus on myself. I want to take an hour out of my day to just focus on myself. Whether it is reading a book, enjoying a morning cup of coffee, getting a mani/pedi, walking Boone, or whatever mood I am in, I want to make sure I am focusing on myself.
- Become More Optimistic & Less Stressed. My goal this year is to be happier, less stressed, and looking at the good in every situation.
What are your New Year’s Resolutions?
How are you going to make a change this year?